We are eager to welcome you back to the beautiful island of Anguilla!
We are a Safe Environment Certified and have implemented even more stringent cleaning practices in lieu of COVID-19.
Below is a list of some of our newly required protocols to ensure your safety:
- Enhanced room cleaning and sanitization.
- 24-48hr room block between guests.
- Social distancing in common areas.
- Face coverings for staff.
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch and common areas.
- We will no longer be offering daily housekeeping in an effort to reduce contact between guests and staff. Housekeeping will be mid-week for stays of less than 4 weeks and weekly for stays over 4 weeks.
- Guests may not be in the room during housekeeping.
- Contact-free check-in/ check-out (by request and must be pre-arranged)
COVID-19 Booking Policy: (effective December 1, 2020 through February 28, 2021)
- Deposit of 50% required to confirm
- Final Balance due at 30 days prior to travel instead of the standard 60 days.
- Guests may alter travel dates or cancel travel and accept travel credit up until 48 hours prior to travel.
- Special considerations will be given to guests who choose a travel credit or alternate travel dates vs guests who choose a refund. These considerations may be: complimentary room upgrade, discount on future travel stay, etc and to be determined on a case by case basis.
- Cancellations requesting a refund will incur a 5% fee if cancelled 31 days or more prior to arrival.
- Cancellations within 30 days are non-refundable.*
*Special exceptions will be made if a guest or a household member of the guest is diagnosed with COVID19 prior to travel and unable to travel.
Anguilla Requirements for Entry:
(from ivisitanguilla.com December 2020)
Anguilla is open to pre-approved visitors.
All travelers to Anguilla including returning residents are required to obtain pre-travel authorization. Persons without travel authorization may be refused entry to Anguilla.
All visitors must complete an individual application (including children).
All persons returning to Anguilla are required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test conducted within 3-5 days prior to arrival date.
Insurance which covers COVID-19 medical costs and full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions and air ambulance.
Complete online passenger information and health screening questionnaire.
All visitors are required to provide proof of insurance which covers COVID-19 medical costs and full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions and air ambulance. (Please note that this does not apply to residents of Anguilla)
After receiving this information, documents will be verified and you will be contacted if any additional information is required.
An electronic travel authorization certificate will be issued to your email address if your application was successful.
Traveling to Anguilla:
Persons are urged to adhere to all safety protocols as established by airlines and vessels on your journey to Anguilla.
Persons are expected to take preventive measures to protect themselves and others from infection during travel: washing of hands and/or use of hand sanitizer regularly; avoiding touching common surfaces, avoid touching of face (eyes, mouth and nose) with unwashed hands; maintaining a physical distance of at least three feet/ one metre from others…
The use of mask is required on vessels to Anguilla and in other spaces and areas where persons cannot maintain a physical distance of at least 1 metre/ 3 feet from others.
Arrival to Anguilla:
On arrival to Anguilla you will be required to:
Provide a hardcopy of your negative COVID-19 PCR test result to a port health official.
Undergo a mandatory COVID-19 PCR test and health screening on arrival.
Use masks during transit through ports of entry (airport and seaport) and en route to your pre-approved accommodations.
Be transferred to your accommodations to await test results – this will be prearranged.
Staying in Anguilla:
Remain quarantined at your approved location for at least 10 days.
Undergo regular health monitoring.
Obtain a negative PCR COVID-19 test to be released from quarantine.
The use of rental vehicles is prohibited until after persons are medically cleared by a negative PCR test result at the end of the quarantine period.
For further information you can call 1(264) 476-7627